Don't mind the mess in the background!
I have finally completed my first hat! It's been hard to find time between school and full-time work but I did it! YAY!
This picture shows how I had sewn the hat around the top edge. I did the same with the lining, except I left about a one inch hole in the lining to turn out the hat.
After pressing all the seams, I pinned the fashion to the lining right sides together and pinned along the brim edge. I used a 3/8 inch on all seams.
This is a close-up picture of the finished project. Before I was able to sew the brim I had to iron it flat so that the lining stayed on the inside of the brim.