Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Itty Bitties

photo of first of three serged seams and the pattern I used



a better view of the three seams I completed on the serger
neither picture really does justice for the lace...but they never do

I decided to whip up my first pair of thongs! The pattern is McCall's DIY line M5651, which offers a wide variety in one package. I used a lovely light mauve stretch lace from Sew Sassy and used an old dress (I'll never mend it anyhow) for the lining. You can't really see the coverstitching (unless you click on the picture) in the photo below but that's okay, 'cause it's pretty bad! You can easily see that I used a black lining - but who cares, they still provide the same...err...function? Even though I began practicing on my Brother 2340cv Saturday, it wasn't time enough to use on a pair of panties!

No comments: