Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Monday, April 27, 2009

Botanical Textures


I have decided to take 100% cotton curtains, in yellow, and add some botanical textures (thank you Martha!) I haven't decided what plant I want to use as the print...or where I can grab some fabric paint that is priced lower than what I've found. Also, I would like something that has branches, although the ivy I found would be wonderful. From the photo above, you can see the ivy is the darkest and has the most wonderful veins that would look great on a stamping project.
The largest leaf in the far back would be wonderful, except I am not sure that it would cooperate covered in paint. The other plants will be used as a test for pressing and framing.

Now I need to visit Greenbrier County for the curtain rods!

1 comment:

Jolena said...

The Ivy! GO FOR the Ivy! It will look beautiful and I agree the large leaf will probably just get goopy and heavy.. I canot wait to see the pressed flowers framed too..
xx
Jolena