Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

18 Days

On the 21st of March I will be 24. That is one year from being 25. 25 is a fourth of a century. In one year and eighteen days I will be one-fourth of a century old - better than half a century...I guess.

To celebrate another year of living Brian and I will be traveling to Columbus to visit several places: Sew 2 Speak, Pattycake, Tip Top, Northstar, Easton Mall, Jo-Ann Superstore, Shadowbox, Stitching Post, Museum of Art (Egyptian Treasures exhibition), and the Franklin Park Conservatory...to name a few! I have a room waiting for us in Clintonville and many things on my list! I will be taking Friday off from work (woohoo!!) and traveling in the morning - at least I hope I wake up early enough to travel in the morning.


Unfortunately, the Pattern Review contest I entered failed...for me. I entered my listing at 11:33 P.M. EST but the listing never appeared on the voting list. I'm not sure what had happened - I did contact the administrator and have yet to hear a word. All that hard work - 9 1/2 hours on Saturday - wasted. Gone. Forever. I am past being angry and my feels are only hurt - I guess now is the time to write some poetry and call it a day.

2 comments:

Tory Casey said...

Looking forward to hearing about the Egyptian treasures...maybe you and Bri will go with us on our next trip to Egypt...what fun we would have!! Love, Tory

PS: girl, you are not gonna be half a century, just a quarter. now I'm a half...and headed to 2/3..

Jolena said...

Sounds like a great trip.. I love the Easton Mall.. You should eat at Brio.. great Italian food in a beautiful setting..
{and I mean beautiful.. I love every inch of the decor there.. you must promise me you will look at all of it..even the bathroom!}
You may also want to check out a few shops..
They're called "Plato's Closet". Second hand stores but they carry great pieces.. Tiff got a brand new pair of Bananna Republic leather boots there once for I think $20! They have things for men and women so Brian won't be too miserable... ;) I don't know how he is about shopping but I know Brad loathes and despises it.. unless it's for fishing supplies! LOL Happy early birthday old lady! Kidding.. if it makes you feel better.. I am always 5 years closer to a century..
xo
Jo