Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Congo Reflections


I looove this canvas. Luckily, I have plenty more to use on smaller versions of this Burda 8503 pattern.

I made this bag on Saturday...it took all day long. I'm not happy with the chain strap and have a lion charm and an elephant charm to add. I'd like to change some features on the lining and etc.

The bag is just too large for everyday use and a smaller version with the same 7/16" eyelets will be more urban chic. I only wish I could find more! I will make a similar pattern half the size and go from there. I want to add an antique brass zipper for future versions on the inside pocket. The straps I haven't figured out yet. Since I will make it less than half the size of this pattern, then I could go for a bamboo handle. I think that would add more to the congo-ness of the purse.
I had to finish it yesterday to add to Pattern Review's handbag contest. I hope I do well, I'm not sure when voting starts...or even ends. I just hope I do well!

3 comments:

Jolena said...

It's perfect.
I love it!
Love the fabric design.
Love the purple lining.
LOVE the name!
I'm so proud of you!
Good luck in the contest!
Oh and I adore the color you used for the velvet ribbon.. gorgeous...

Natasha said...

Thank you!

Tory Casey said...

I love it!!!