Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Monday, October 13, 2008

Full Circle Tan Embroidery Stitched on Black Woven

These are a few photos from the full circle pattern I made about a month ago and decided to use a black medium weight woven wool with tan embroider stitched flowers. The tan appears to be white in some of these photos, but they are a tan color. I plan to finish with an invisible zipper, golden tan lining, a thick 1 1/2 inch hem, and a grossgrain ribbon waistband. You can see the full circle pattern skirt from a few blogs before.


Here I have pinned my pattern onto the fashion fabric. As you can see I barely had enough fabric for the skirt! Luckily I was still able to work out both sides (fabric folded in half crosswise) of the pattern onto the fabric.





I began to cut my patterns and notice that I am in need of new scissors. I have been cutting easy, light weight materials and have not noticed how dull my scissors have become. I will have to try to sharpen them tomorrow to see if it helps.





This is where I have taken the three pieces and pinned the curved outside seams together and am ready to sew with a 5/8 inch seam allowance.





Here is my skirt after I have sewed the side seams. I have not decided how to finish my seams and will decided later but it fits well around my waist. I think this fashion fabric is lovely in full skirt and the lining will add more volume. My final plan is to make a tulle skirt that can go under other skirts for more volume. I love to be super girly and love the full skirt voluminous look!


Let me know what you think about a 1 1/2 inch hem on the bottom. I do know that I want it above the knee and will need to take approximately 4 inches off to be the correct length.

1 comment:

Jolena said...

I love the idea of a wide hem.. very nice... I love this style of skirt in a mid calve length too.. I am picturing it w/a great cream sweater and boots!