Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Sunday, February 8, 2009

DAMNIT!!!

So there I am cutting out the waisband facing, ironing, sewing, taking out stitches, sewing, taking out stitches, sew some more, fix some more stitches, and iron once again. I finally trim the seam down to about 1/4'' with my new stainless steel bent curved scissors, so sharp. I even pricked my finger with them. Then I iron one last time...WTF? How did that happen? No it can't be! No! No! No! Yes, I am an idiot. I did it. I sewed the waistband grosgrain facing on backwards (no the grosgrain had not yet been added). Demolished - my work of months of thinking, pondering, researching, waiting, thinking, cutting, sewing, ironing, pondering, moments of laziness, photographing - all of it - DOWN THE DRAIN.

I'll have to post pictures later. Although you are not able to tell the difference between the right and wrong sides. So it isn't worth my time. Or yours.

There is no way to fix it. Only wishing that I used more of brain. I can work on a one seam skirt pattern and lay it on the skirt and cut away. I have no extra, it took it all since it was a full circle pattern. I spent over an hour laying the fabric on one layer so that all four pieces of the skirt would fit...just enough.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

No comments: