Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Saturday, November 27, 2010

searching for the perfect reading spot


     It isn't always easy finding just the right spot to plop down and open a book.  Sometimes we have to rework a place we've used for quite a long while.  Rather that is adding a blanket during the winter, or a pillow in the evenings, a little adjustment can make all the difference. 


     For me, right now, it is a comfy quilt and a spot in front of our furnace vent.  Every now and again I get a burst of hot air that I can capture under my quilt.  All the while taking in Stephen King's Hearts in Atlantis or Jerry Oppenheimer's Front Row.






     Many people that know me well know that I spend many of my workday lunches at the library.  It is a place I have known since I was a child and each time I am there it brings a sense of tranquility to my soul.  The smell of the stairwell, the second floor nooks to review books, the oversize section on the balcony, areas I like to hide as if I have stepped back to my childhood.







     I actually wish that I had taken the time to go to the library today (but I do have plenty to read already).  I hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving break and taking some time to relax and reminisce. 

1 comment:

Tory said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today! I wish I had more opportunity to go to the library... I also love the smell of the stairwell - it's like an old friend. Loved the Atlantis pictures - you used a lot of restraint in not swimming in that pool at night... more on that later...