Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

     This is a time of year everyone loves.  There isn't one reason not to love the rich foods and family conversations.  Reviewing the year and enjoying those we often do not see.  That is, if your family isn't complicated.  Mine happens to be.  I usually try to find a way out of Thanksgiving considering Christmas is just around the corner.  It did not work!  This year is especially busy with my family at 2 pm, my husband's family at 7 pm, then Saturday another gathering in Monroe county, which is a bit further than Greenbrier county, but just as luscious with landscapes.

     Fortunately, we have a wonderful excuse: Socrates.  He must not be left alone for a very long time, it is never good for a dog to be in his cage for extended periods. 

     This year there are many reasons to give thanks:  new baby in the family, another pregnancy, our newlywed status, A is in town, extra days off work (lots of time to read)! 

     Of course, there are those that enjoy the early morning of Black Friday.  Not me.  I like staying in bed until real late, avoiding holiday shoppers, and staying away from crowds.  Especially when the air is tense and people can be crabby from hunger and disappointment.  Screw that!  I will get my rest and finish a book (or two).

My favorite memories from this year.

Spending time at the camp (it is were Bri proposed!).

Greenbrier River

The camp
Marrying my best friend:

He is so lovely as he sleeps

Our bands
Then there is always one wonderful little girl we never get enough of!  This is one of my favorite pictures from my bridal shower.  Mom spent most of her time taking photos of people eating - not appealing at all.


The best thing (besides getting married). Brian's birthday cake.  His face said it all.

Pizza cookie cake!
It has been a fabulous year!

No comments: