Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Monday, September 22, 2008

1-Step Buttonhole Feature

My new Kenmore has a one-touch automatic buttonhole feature. It took me a minute to realize the buttonhole switch to pull-down, but once I did I found it so very simple to use! I only practices using spare muslin but will have to see how I can get it on a garment and to be placed correctly. Seriously though, the machine does everything on its own! All I have to do is press start and watch as it makes the first lower bar tack, the left side, the upper bar tack and finished the coming down the right side of the buttonhole. Then I use my seam ripper and there I have a buttonhole the PERFECT size.

The Kenmore realizes the size it needs by the buttonhold presser foot. You place the button (up to one inch) in the back part and you Kenmore does the rest!

Another feature I loooove about this machine is the way it slants backwards on the front. It is made angular, I don't know for what reason, but it gives it a sleeker appearance compared to the box Kenmore I previously used (and still own if you wanna buy it!).

I also tried several of the fun stitches and I am IN LOVE! The options are just so wonderful on this medium-priced Kenmore sewing machine. I am enthralled by it and have found a new motivation for my projects! Perfection here I come!!!

No comments: