Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My New Kenmore!

I got back a little while ago with my new Kenmore sewing machine (model 16231). I listed the link in my previous post. I haven't set it up or anything but it is beautiful! While in the store I got a tad confused on which machine I would like to have the most. They also had a Kenmore computerized machine for a mere $30 more. Yet, I decided to save that cash and use it on some notion or fabric to make a project!

This machine has the ability to do different stretch stitches. It also has the pressure presser foot, so that I may choose different levels for the foot for different weights of fabrics. This machine also features the one-step buttonhole, which after reading the directions, is super easy!

I can't wait to begin practicing with this sewing machine. It seems to have all the features that I was missing on my previous dinky Kenmore. I do have quite a few feet that I will have to return or sell on patternreview.com's classifieds.

I have several projects that I am currently working on. A pair of boxers for my boyfriend and his father in a particular fabric. This fabric is something he picked out when I made him go to JoAnn with me. I also have several pillows I want to get together. I am listing what gifts I would like to make for people for Christmas. I also have several skirts to finish from my very own patterns!

I just completed the Build a Better Skirt class on patternreview.com. The class was taught by Shannon Gifford and was around $50. The information I received in the class was stupendous! I had never thought that I would get so much feedback and direction from an online sewing class, but Shannon was very thorough in her steps and explanations. The price is well worth the cost!

Now, I am waiting to begin my next class with Susan Khalje on patternreview.com. As I have mentioned before, she has much experience in the couture world and I am eager to begin on Monday.

My next class with patternreview.com will more than likely be the wool fabrics class. Especially wonderful since it is the winter season and wool will keep me warm when the weather goes down in temperature.

Also, I am looking for Threads Magazine Issue 121. If you have it, email me so we can talk price.

Goodnight!

No comments: