Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Muslin Fitting

I finally cut out and completed my muslin yesterday and it fits great! I cannot wait to cut out the fashion fabric and begin putting the skirt together. The information from my "Top Ten Couture Techniques" class with Susan Khalje gave me information on doing the grossgrain waistband. I had previously learned about it in a class with Shannon Gifford ("How to Build a Better Skirt") and she taught me the basics but Susan gives extra tips that will help me make my skirt perfect!
As you can see I want this to be very girly. Now that I have an excellent pattern (made by yours truly!) I can many, many of these! My plan is to use a rayon lining to give it that extra oomph!

Soon I would like to to make a fashionable cummerbund with buttons and the like (military-esque).

The other night I went through my closet and decided to rid it of any and everything I haven't worn in forever and know I never will. Let us just say I filled a very very large trash bag full of items I plan to take to Goodwill. I also included shoes. I like to do this quarterly (yes I have a shopping problem) and give things away, it is good to give and makes me feel warm 'n fuzzy inside. Seriously.

I am getting ready to sign-up for the wool fabrics class on patternreview.com. Everything is about to get very busy for me since I begin classes at South University on the 6th of October. I am currently studying business.

I have also chosen to have my boyfriend take my Ann Taylor charge card. Considering the economy and who knows if this will lead to a depression or not, I need not spend what I do not have. Also, this is encouragement to do a whole lot more sewing.

Another project will be two pairs of Republican boxers for my boyfriend and his father. I'm just a tad scared of the elastic. But I know I can do it!

No comments: