Evening in the Country...

Evening in the Country...
...a gorgeous view of the WV mountains I get to enjoy everyday. Also the place Bri proposed earlier this year! [Not taken on that day.]

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

This is the first snow day I've had at my current employment...of course this is the worst winter we've had since I've started working there. Anyhow I took advantage by not going back to sleep, making breakfast, going to the store (4WD baby!), cleaning, completing homework, and doing research on inspiration to conceptualization in fashion design. I found a great article while searching on Google. Type in "architectural inspiration fashion design" and you may get this.

I decided to check out a project I started early last year, which was a yellow and navy over the shoulder handbag. I don't know why I went from cutting right into sewing the lining with the fabric since the lining was an inch off on the bottom and right edge. What WAS I THINKING?!?

So I started on this faux croc, which is in the same pattern as the yellow and navy suede:















So you can see in the above that I am using vinyl with binder clips trapping a strip to cover the raw edges. It is a test garment, of course, the sewing is a bit off. But I did (without knowing) center the "crocodile" back on the pattern. I love the look of this purse - it's so ... sexy. I had to take out the stitches because the vinyl is hard to match in the curves of the armholes. So I'm not finished yet, but I am SO close.

I still need to complete the other pair of curtains for the bedroom and iron both sets.

Now I'm doing research on armors and more articles on using inspiration for fashion designing. I would like to purchase this book from Amazon. It would be really helpful in understanding the steps that go into fashion inspiration.

1 comment:

Jolena said...

I cannot wait to see this finish! Are you going to be able to do anything with the materials from your navy and yellow bag? I love the color choice by the way... maybe a cluth or something smaller with the unused fabric? I love the idea of architectural inspiration for fashion design.. some say fashion and interior design go somewhat hand in hand.. I can see that...